Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Online Homemaking Tools

As a wife, stay at home mom and a full time homemaker I am always looking for ways to make my home run smoother. Below are some online tools that I have found to be extremely helpful in my home. Please be sure to click on the links below and to check them out for yourself!




    1. Flylady - I have been using Flylady for 6 years now. This an amazing site that helps you organize and keep your home clean. This site actually helps you eliminate Spring Cleaning and to declutter your home 15 minutes at a time. Flylady encourages you to always be company ready and to start your day off ready and dressed from hair to shoes even if you work in your home. She has many useful tips in keeping your home clean and you do it all with daily schedules. If you're not a natural scheduler this will change and you will love it, especially if you love a clean home. Please hop on over to Flylday and watch your home go from cluttered and stressed, to clean and welcoming. This website is free.


    2. The Grocery Game - The Grocery Game is a couponing website. Since using the website I will save up to 40-50% on my grocery bill, and the groceries I get are name brand. This website also encourages you to stock pile on food which helps you save even more. This website is easy to use and is in my opinion couponing for dummies, which is what I need lol. It is $10 every other month, but the money you save in groceries is well worth it.  


    3. Southern Saver -  Southern Savers is a similar website to The Grocery Game, only it is free! It does require a little more skill and thinking when it comes to couponing.


    4. Plan to Eat  - Plan to Eat is a meal planning website. I love this website. This site has made meal planning and grocery shopping so much easier for me. You have an online recipe book that you build of your favorite meals from breakfast, lunch, dinners and snacks. You can even share these recipes with friends or keep them secret. Then on a calendar you plan your meal for a week, or just a few days or even for a whole month. From there you can make a shopping list for your week's worth of groceries and it automatically pulls up your ingredients that you will need for your meals. You can also click away the ingredients that you already have in your pantry, and then print off your list before you go to the store (Be sure to grab your coupons from thegrocerygame.com to save money ;) ). Meal planning made easy. This website is $39 a year or just 4.95 a month, and in my opinion it is well worth it! 


    5. Say Mmm - is a similar website to Plan to eat, only it is free!



    6. X3Watch - is a very helpful family tool to use on our tech toys, such as our computers, phones, tablets, etc. X3Watch is an online integrity and accountability tool. This tool can be used to keep eyes on what your children are looking at online and to keep you and your husband accountable on what the two of you are looking at online as well. We all need covenant eyes and this is a great resource to keep our eyes and our children's eyes away from online sin. 

    I hope that you find these websites just as useful as I do in my home. They certainly have helped me make homemaking just a little bit simpler, welcoming, on a budget, and safe. 

    Thanks for reading, 
    God Bless!

    Candice Brevard







    Click on this link below to vote for my blog! Thanks :)

    http://www.circleofmoms.com/blogger/my-love-from-home#_





    5 comments:

    Amy said...

    These are great! I'm a big fan of Flylady, but some of the others are new to me.

    I found you via Far Above Rubies, by the way. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Candice Brevard said...

    Thank you Amy. I am so blessed that you found my blog. I too love Flylady. These other websites have proven to be very helpful in my home, you should def. check them out! :)

    God Bless you Amy and I hope that you a wonderful rest of your week :)

    Far Above Rubies said...

    Candice, thank you for the wonderful information. I enjoy FlyLady very much.

    Have you tried EMeals by Dave Ramsey. I hear it's wonderful.

    I have a free copy of Sarah Mae's ebook-31 Days to Clean. If interested, please email me at faraboverubies6@yahoo.com

    Thank you for linking up to Domestically Divine

    Candice Brevard said...

    Jasmine (Far Above Rubies) Thank you! No I have not tried EMeals, but I will def. look into it, thanks :).

    Shireen said...

    Thanks for the useful links Candice! I am a big fan of Flylady & find her routines very useful although I live in India - have customized many to suit my need. I love ur blog & your header looks very beautiful now :-) Have a nice week ahead!!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...