We ended up leaving with what I think was a 5lb bag of assorted apples, a 1/2 gallon of apple cider, a dozen apple donuts, and a jar of honey. So far I have made 2 sweet treats with my bag of apples, with still some to spare!
My first creation was an apple pie - of course! (notice how I braided the crust, I got that idea from pintrest)
2 pie pastry crust
4 to 5 large apples sliced
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
a drizzle of maple syrup
1. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; add apples and toss well to coat.
2. Place bottom pastry in a pie a 9 inch pie pan and add apple mixture.
3. Dot with butter. Then drizzle maple syrup on top
4. Place second crust on top of pie filling, cut slits in top of crust to vent. Seal the edges of the crust. Or create your own crust design.
5. Brush crust with melted butter, then sprinkle with sugar
6. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 40-45 minutes more or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
My second yummy treat were these apple ciders in an apple mug
2 apples, hollowed
pre-made apple cider
1. Hollow out your apples
2. Heat up your pre-made cider (I bought mine at the orchard)
3. Pour cider into apples
4. Garnish with cinnamon sticks
5. sip and enjoy!
I would love to add more apple treats to my recipe book, so please feel free to share your recipes in the comment section below! :)