Pages

Friday, March 9, 2018

November 2017

Naughty goats. 

We were gifted these goats through a couple we know through church. I was so excited about these nigerian dwarfs! But they turned out to be a mischievous bunch, constantly escaping their fence. 



One of the females were pregnant, and it was such an amazing experience watching her give birth, and it was a delight playing with these sweet babies. 







But in the end, these goats ended up being more trouble than they were worth, and we decided to find a new home for them.







With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it was time to take care of the turkeys. Mitch and my dad did most of the work on butcher day, but I packaged them all by myself!

Butcher day was cold!

Finished product

We sold 9 turkeys and set aside 7 for our self.







Mason wrestling

We celebrated Thanksgiving at Granny Ann's this year and by the end of the day we added a new pup to the family. My brother and his family felt that they couldn't give this dog the time and attention she needed and we were more than happy to take her in! 

Stella

Christmas tree nightlight, thanks Gigi!



Our annual September girls' trip to Jekyll Island for the Shrimp and Grits festival was postponed this year because of hurricane Irma and moved to November for a Merry Shrimpmas Festival. For the past 3 years my mom has treated my sister and I to a get away for some much needed fun, relaxation, and bonding time.


Our trip was a little different and a littler cooler this year. Instead of staying at the clubhouse, we spent our weekend at the Ocean club resort in a beautiful ocean front room. On our first morning I was able to enjoy this amazing sunrise from my room.


We enjoyed our usual tea time, and walking the festival, enjoying the sights and sounds, the artists, the music, the crafts, and of course the shrimp and grits. There was plenty of wine to be had and we enjoyed getting to know the staff. But the most important part of our trip was the quality time we got to spend together.


my awesome sister Jessica

me looking fabulous

my beautiful mother



girls trip 2017!



fireworks at the clubhouse




Traditionally, we shop for a Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, but since I was away that weekend at the beach we set out to find the perfect tree on a Monday evening after Mitch got off work. Last year was the first year that I was able to talk Mitch out of a North Carolina douglas fir, and make the switch over to a Georgia leyland cypress. This way we're able to find and cut down our own tree at a local tree farm! The only draw back, I believe I'm allergic to this tree! But only by touch, so the kids get to decorate the tree while I watch and bake cookies.




Stella thinks we did a good job decorating


And who doesn't need a glass of wine after all that hard work!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...