Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Red, White, and Blueberry Treats!

Growing up holidays were always made special at our home. I looked forward to every event because I knew that my mom would make it fun for my sister and I. On our birthdays she would make special birthday pancakes for us, sometimes in the shape of our initials. As a mother now, I too want to make events fun and exciting for my kids and one fun way to do that is through food. So below are some fun red, white, and blue treats!



Of course I have to start out with these pancakes! These yummy red, white and blue pancakes are made with red velvet cake. Great way to start off your patriotic morning. You can find the recipe here: Fourth of July Pancakes

Pretzel Sparklers are easy to make and are fun and yummy for the kids to eat too! To make these cute treats just dip your pretzel tips into melted semisweet chocolates, cover with sprinkles, stand them up in a cup and sit in the refrigerator for a few minutes until firm.


Another easy treat, Patriotic Berries! These berries won't last long! Super easy to make. Melt 12 ounces of white chocolate chips in a microwave according to the package directions. One at a time, dip your dried strawberries into the chocolate and then into blue sugar. Place on wax paper and let harden in the refrigerator.

(recipe found at Family Magazine)

You can't have a 4th of July celebration without watermelon! Try out these cool Watermelon Pop Stars. All you'll need is a seedless watermelon, cut into one inch slices, a star cookie cutter, and a popsicle stick. 

(recipe found at Family Magazine)

Parfaits are a perfect summer treat and I found this cute Red, White, and Blue Parfait over at Better Homes and Garden



I hope you have a blast this 4th of July, eating hamburgers, hotdogs, and enjoying a firework show and I hope these treats add to the fun! 


*******************************************

My Love From Home is participating in the Circle of Moms Top 25 Family Blogs. I would greatly appreciate your support. You can vote once a day until July 14th. Thanks friends!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...