Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Adoption Finalized

I have been so busy with my precious ones, that I haven't had time to blog about our exciting adventures and news! But with things settling down, I am trying to make time, because documenting our memories is important to me!

Josiah's adoption was finalized on April 17th, 2014, and Mason's was finalized on June 24th, 2014. After Jojo's adoption, we celebrated by having friends and family over for dinner, and after Mason's we all went out to dinner with family to Carrabba's.

They were both emotional days, as we were finally relieved to call them ours forever, and to give them our last name, and to say goodbye to caseworkers. It was a long journey for us, an emotional roller coaster, but well worth it! I have loved them as if I birth to them myself since the day they were brought to me, absolutely true love at first sight, it does exists! But with constant visits with caseworkers, it was a painful reminder that they were not truly mine yet, and the risk of losing them was always there. But now my worries are over, and our days are filled with noise, mess, feedings, diaper changes, toys, laundry, normalcy, and everyday mundane and love. I asked Skylar and Maddox recently if they remembered life without Mason and Josiah, and they both said no, lol. They complete our family, and we're all in love.

The day of adoption, it felt as if my husband and I were on trial for how much we loved and wanted our boys, and the judge found us guilty of being true parents to our boys! Mason even tugged on everyone's heart strings when Mitch was called to the stand, Mason cried out for his daddy, and the judged laughed and asked for Mitch to bring Mason up to the stand with him! Precious :)

Below are the photos of our happy adoption days.

(above picture is our first night with the boys, March 12th, 2013)












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...