Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Our 7th Wedding Anniversary

Last Monday was my and Mitch's 7th wedding anniversary. 7 years ago we made vows promising to love each other forever, entering into a holy covenant before God. We have had our fair share of ups and downs, but each year has been a blessing! Marriage (and parenting) has taught me so much about grace and forgiveness, and in order for a marriage to last, you'll need lots of it! For grudges are damaging, and life together is too short to hold on to them.

This year we were fortunate enough to have a week and a half long celebration! From a beach day in Haiti, to a tag along business trip with my husband, that included dinner out every night for 4 days :D, to a wedding for my sister in law, who was actually married by the same pastor that I was! I am so blessed to be married to the love of my life, an excellent father and to a man who loves and spoils me.

Here we are on our anniversary at one of my favorite places, the Cheesecake Factory.


And just a few days before at the beach on our last full day in Haiti.



And then here's a photo 7 years after our wedding day, with our children and the pastor who married us at Mitch's sister's wedding.



Our daughter was the flower girl, our son the ring bearer, and our nephew was the sign holder. The wedding was beautiful, Brianna the bride was beautiful, and everything went as planned for her special day. This wedding was a perfect way to end our week and a half long anniversary, and I pray that God will bless Brianna and Cory with many blissful years together.


Our Vows 7 years ago:


I, Mitch take you Candice to be my wife. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow and forever. I will trust you and honor you. I will love you faithfully, through the best and the worst. Whatever may come I will always be there. I come into this union, letting go of my deepest fears and embracing all my faith, and if I doubt, I will remember this time and why we came together this day. As I have given you my hands to hold, so I give you my life to keep, so help me God.

I, Candice take you Mitch to be my husband. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow and forever. I will trust you and honor you. I will love you faithfully through the best and the worst. Whatever may come I will always be there. I come into this union letting go of my deepest fears and embracing all my faith and if I doubt, I will remember this time and why we came together this day. As I have given you my hands to hold, so I give you my life to keep, so help me God.

Exchanging Rings


(Mitch to Candice) I give you this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to you and to our partnership in life. In the eyes of God, I thee wed and say to the world, “this is my wife.”


(Candice to Mitch) I give you this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to you and to our partnership in life. In the eyes of God, I thee wed and say to the world, “this is my husband.” 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...