Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Clean and Organized?


A neighbor came over and complimented me on how clean and organized my house was. Wow! I was really flattered! But if she only knew about my hidden messes, such as my closets and laundry room. Those things I can usually shut a door on and hide from company. I must also confess that though I do try to keep a clean and tidy house its not always this way. The FedEx man always seems to catch me off guard. It never fails, whenever he arrives at my door and I have to sign for a package my hair is in a towel, I am in a robe and the house is a disaster. I'm actually expecting a package next week, so I guess we'll see how that goes this time around.

I am not a neat freak and organizing does not come natural to me. In fact I am a big time procrastinator. So I use tools to help me such as http://flylady.net/ . Flylady is my biggest resource and I have been using her for 5 years now. Typing it I can't believe its been that long. A more recent motivator has been http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/. Courtney has great tips on homemaking, parenting, and marriage. And then there is the Proverbs 31 woman. This woman is amazing and is one to be admired. She can do it all! and she does it with grace, kindness, and with a passion. Read Proverbs 31:10-31 and you'll be motivated to get your home in order too.

So after my neighbor left I got started on cleaning out and organizing my closets. My bedroom closet was my biggest task.

Our bedroom before

and after! I added bins for our belts and hats

Our linen closet before

and after! I moved all of our games in this closet too. I even have a bucket of makers and crayons for the kids within their reach.

Our coat closet before

and after! I moved the kids' shoes to their closets and on the top shelf is a box for gloves and scarfs.

Skylar's closet before

After!

Maddox's closet before

and after!

My house actually feels cleaner with the hidden messes taken care of. Today I am working on the laundry and the laundry room. Now I just need to keep up with it!

Proverbs 31: 27 "She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."

3 comments:

Hall~Smith Family said...

Very nice. There are several closets two doors down that could use your amazing organizational skills! :)

Amroosie said...

Great blog, Candice! I got to meet the FlyLady about 4 years ago and love her!! Being organized makes me feel so much better! You did a great job!

Candice Brevard said...

Karen: LOL, I'm doing good just to keep my house clean.

Amy: Thank you. I'm so jealous you got to meet the flylady. I would love to have the opportunity to meet her one day.

Thanks for reading ladies

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...