Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Good Morning Girls


Number one on my bucket list is to read the bible in one year. This will take discipline and persistence. This morning I finished reading day 7 of my reading plan of reading through the bible chronologically. I have enjoyed my quiet times with God, for I desire to have a more intimate relationship with him. But I am not the best at disciplining myself. So I have decided to start a "Good Morning Girls" group. Its an idea that I got from one of my favorite blogs http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/ . This group is an accountability/encouragement group. I sent out an email to a few girlfriends last week saying we would start Tuesday the 4th, so just this past Tuesday. Immediately 13 ladies said they wanted to be apart of this. We have all committed to reading the bible everyday and just post what we have read. We have also offered each other prayer and encouragement. Everyday this week someone new wants to join! As of today there are 18 girls in this group! Praise God, right! I am so thankful for this group of ladies and for the journey we are taking together.

Hebrews 3:13 "But encourage one another DAILY, as longs as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."

(The picture above is a photo that I took of my view during my quiet time in Haiti last July)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...