Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pinteresting New Year

Over the past few months Pinterest has inspired many crafts in our home, dinner ideas, outfits, gifts, etc. Now pinterest is inspiring my new year.

The kids are already excited that I am going to let them stay up until midnight. I have a feeling however that there will be a nap scheduled for Saturday, and most likely Sunday too, but thanks to Pinterest this is what I have planned:

To make our night feel a little more "fancy", as my daughter would call it, I plan on glittering up the champagne glasses with sugar, served with sparkling grape juice for the children and champagne for the adults. I also plan on glittering up my and Skylar's nails with glitter fingernail polish.

Before the count down begins I want us to have some fun with games, music, dancing, treats, and maybe even a movie. I have seen this idea on other blogs and all over pinterest, and I believe I want to join in on the fun of doing count down bags, where every hour you open up a bag with a fun activity inside!

So those are my evening plans, hopefully it will end with a midnight kiss from my hubby and wishful, hopeful dreams for 2012. Of course Pinterest did not lack in giving me ideas on how to start off my new year. For instance I will on January 1st (or 2nd) turn all my hangers in my closet backwards. As I wear clothes, I will simply turn the hanger around. Anything that is still backwards on June 1, I'll toss. Another cute idea I found is to start a time capsule for the year, I love this idea!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed new year! Please tell me how you plan on celebrating New Year's Eve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these ideas....Have you found that polish? I want some :0) Love the hourly bag idea. We usually stay home but this year we are going to a friends and I may bring some fun activities to do. What ideas have you come up with for each bag???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...