Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

My Little Peacemakers

We keep a pretty loose schedule during the summer, but either over breakfast or lunch I'll read to the children a few bible stories that we'll then discuss and I'll either ask them a few questions or they'll ask me. Yesterday over lunch I read to them out of Matthew from their children's story bible and one verse in particular got their attention, "blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God" ~Matthew 5:9. So we talked about what it means to be a peacemaker, to forgive and to treat each others kindly, even when others aren't so kind to you. I could tell that they got it,  I was proud of my sweet children and my prayer for them is that this verse will really take hold of their hearts.

Later that night as the kids were getting ready for bed brushing their teeth I could hear fighting and arguing, then my son yells out, "Mommy! Tell sissy to be a peacemaker!" LOL, well, at least they're trying :)


1 comment:

Sophia said...

I recently started following your blog. Thank you for being kind enough to share.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...